Umma University jobs 2024/2025, requirements, job vacancies, how to apply, closing date, and other important information are available here.
Are you an intending lecturer or experienced graduate seeking for job opportunities in Kenya universities? If yes, we believe applying for Umma University ongoing recruitment would be great.
In this article, we have carefully explained everything you should know concerning Umma University job vacancies, requirements, and how to submit your application successfully.
Overview of Umma University
Before we proceed to details about Umma University jobs, let’s get to know a little more about the university and remember as an applicant it is important you have this background information.
In Kenya, Umma University is a reputable institution that has received accreditation from the Commission for University Education. Thika and Kajiado are the two campuses of the university.
Courses in computer science, nursing (direct entry and upgrading), business management, ICT, Islamic Sharia, Islamic Banking & Finance, and Islamic Studies are all offered by Umma University.
Umma University was founded to provide more diverse individuals and communities with access to high-quality higher education.
Umma University, often known as “the University of the People,” aims to impart information through a variety of venues, including traditional classroom instruction, distance and open learning, online courses, and learning via cutting-edge technology.
With the goal of developing academics with a variety of experiences and leaders with an ethical attitude to leadership, the institution integrates Islamic moral and ethical orientation with practical learning about business and technology.
Umma University offers a calm study and teaching atmosphere. The University has strict selection standards that take into account not just academic credentials but also personal qualities and discipline.
The experience at Umma University will be fascinating, enlightening, and fulfilling for those who choose to enroll. Umma seeks to shape the character of the students to make them more successful and moral professionals while teaching using the most up-to-date methods and seasoned instructors.
Has Umma University Recruitment 2024 Started?
Yes, Umma University recruitment has started and ended for the year 2024. There were job vacancies for both academic and non-academic staffs, which will be available soon again. Stay tuned to this page so you can find out.
While you await the job portal re-opening, read on to discover how to improve your chances of getting a job at Umma.
Interested persons from any of the counties below are to visit the online recruitment portal www.umma.ac.ke/vacancies to explore vacant positions.
|Taita Mak Taveta
Umma University Jobs 2024
Listed below are Umma University job vacancies for 2024 which has mandated the ongoing recruitment exercise. Go through carefully, decide the position you’d like to apply, learn about the requirements and application method all in this article.
- Administrative Assistant
- Information Communication Technology Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Lecturer – School of Education (English)
- Senior, Lecturer (Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing and Pre-Clinical Sciences
- Lecturer (Department of Community Health and Public Health Nursing
- Lecturer (Department of Midwifery Reproductive Health and Gender Studies)
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Senior Assistant Registrar (Examination)
- Internal Auditor
- Legal Officer
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Lecturer (School of Education, Kiswahili)
- Lecturer (School of Education, History)
- University Counselor
- University Imam
- HR Assistant
- Liberian Assistant
- Store keeper
- Technical trainers I (Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department)
- Technical Trainers I (clothing & Textile)
- Technical Trainers II (Social Work and Community Development)
- Technical Trainers II (Entrepreneurship Department)
- Technical Trainers II (Communication Skills/English Department)
- Technical Trainers II (Mathematics Department)
- Technical Trainers II (Kiswahili/History) Social Work Department
- Technicians (Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department)
- Technicians (ICT Department)
- Technicians (Clothing & Textile Department)
Requirements for Umma University Jobs 2024
To be successful Umma University recruitment process, below are the criteria educationally and otherwise you should endeavor to adhere to.
- Candidate applying should have an acceptable means of identification like National Identity Card, Driver’s License or Certificate of Origin
- Candidate applying should have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C+” (Plus) or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in social science in any of the following disciplines, Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and other related field of study, or equivalent from a recognized university
- Master’s degree in related field of study
- Candidate applying must be of good character
- He or she must possess great interpersonal skills
- Applicant should be willing to adhere to exiting work principles
- Candidate should be a registered member or relevant professional body
- Candidate proficient in computer skills have an added advantage
- Candidate should demonstrate results in work performance
- Additionally, candidates should possess the following skills;
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to mobilize resources
- Negotiation skills
- Report writing skills
Other trending jobs vacancies in Kenya include:
- KENIA Recruitment
- KDF Recruitment
- KIPI Recruitment
- Kenya NIS Recruitment
- Unity Homes Recruitment
- WFP Job Vacancies
- KMA Recruitment
- NCA Recruitment
- State Department for Industry Recruitment
Umma University Recruitment Portal
In other to apply for Umma University jobs vacancies 2024, you first have to login the recruitment portal. To do this, simply visit www.umma.ac.ke/vacancies using any browser of your choice.
How to Apply for Umma University Jobs 2024
Follow any of the method provided below to successfully submit an application for Umma University jobs.
- Go to the application portal www.umma.ac.ke/vacancies
- Choose the vacancy you want to apply for
- We recommend you carefully read through the job description
- Proceed to create an account on the recruitment portal
- Then login to fill the online application form
- After that, scan and upload your credentials
- Proofread your application
- Then submit
Ensure you provide only authentic and true information as failure to do so, would lead to disqualification. You can also, below the step below to apply.
Send copies of your academic and professional certificates, certificate of good conduct and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant competence in the area of specialization.
Your application should clearly mark “Application for the position of __________”, and should be send to the address below.
- The Vice Chancellor,
- Umma University,
- O. Box: 713 – 01100,
- Kajiado – Kenya
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Umma University Job Application Deadline
Umma University recruitment 2024 closed on Friday, 4th August, 2024. Candidates selected in the final stage will have access to Umma University staff portal.
If you are yet to apply, bookmark this page and always check back, as we’ll update this page when its time to submit your job application.
Here are some tips that would help you land one of Umma University jobs.
- Stay real with your data
- Ensure you meet the requirements for the positions you’re applying
- Scan and upload documents in the required format and size
- Do not forge any of your certificates
- Upload only original certificates for authenticity sake
- Be sure to submit your application before the set deadline