NDMA recruitment 2023 job vacancies the requirements, application form portal and how to apply for National Drought Management Authority jobs are available in this article.
Therefore if you wish to apply for National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) recruitment, we recommend you carefully read through the information we’ve provided here.
Note that the management has made it known that NDMA recruitment application form is free and accessible by interested persons via the online recruitment portal.
In this regard, prospective candidates are advised not to pay anyone in respect of accessing NDMA job application and finally, interested persons from the counties below can apply.
|Kakamega||Taita Mak Taveta|
Overview of National Drought Management Authority
As prospective employee, it is important you have an overview of what the National Drought Management Authority does, the formation, when the authority was establish, it aim, vision and mission in other to prepare your mind better.
A public organization called the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) was created under the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) Act of 2016. It had previously been governed by Legal Notice Number 171 on November 24, 2011, which amended the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) of the Laws of Kenya.
The Act grants the NDMA the authority to implement procedures, either alone or in collaboration with stakeholders that will put an end to Kenya’s drought emergencies. This includes exercising overall coordination over all issues connected to drought risk management.
Kenya’s involvement in drought management dates back to 1985, when Turkana’s drought contingency planning system was created. With the help of the Dutch government, this technique was expanded to other arid regions in the early 1990s.
The Emergency Drought Recovery Project (from 1992) and its successor, the ALRMP, both of which were funded by the World Bank, furthered it. By the end of Phase II of the ALRMP, 28 arid and semi-arid regions (now 23 counties) were covered by the drought management system.
Has NDMA Recruitment 2023 Commenced?
Before now, we have received several questions from prospective candidates of Kenya National Drought Management Authority recruitment and one of the outstanding question has been if NDMA recruitment for this year has started, see answer below.
Yes, NDMA recruitment 2023 has commenced and the application is currently ongoing. Interested persons are to visit the application portal www.ndma.go.ke/index.php/careers to explore vacant positions.
NDMA Job Vacancies 2023
- Assistant Director, Corporate Communication
- Assistant Director, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Assistant Director, Human Resource & Administration
- Office Administrator (Turkana)
- Office Administrator (Kitui)
- HSNP Program Officer
These are the job vacancies that mandates NDMA recruitment exercise for this year. Go through them and decide on the one you wish to apply.
Trending jobs in Kenya you can apply today.
- Kenya Police Recruitment
- Ministry of Industrialization Recruitment
- Ministry of Industrialization Recruitment
- Kenya NIS Recruitment
- Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Recruitment
- Kenya National Library Service Recruitment
- Kenya Seed Company Recruitment
- Kenya Investment Authority Recruitment
- Kenya Tourism Board Recruitment
- Competition Authority of Kenya Recruitment
General Requirements for NDMA Recruitment 2023
- Basically, candidate applying should be a Kenyan
- He or she should possess acceptable means of identification like National Identity Card, Drivers License or Certificate of Origin
- Candidate applying should have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C+” (Plus) or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in social science in any of the following disciplines, Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and other related field of study, or equivalent from a recognized university
- Master’s degree in related field of study
- Candidate applying must be of good character
- He or she must possess great interpersonal skills
- Applicant should be willing to adhere to exiting work principles
- Candidate should be a registered member or relevant professional body
- Candidate proficient in computer skills have an added advantage
- Candidate should demonstrate results in work performance
Candidates who possess these additional skills have an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to mobilize resources
- Negotiation skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply for National Drought Management Authority Recruitment
Interested qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates & testimonial with the title and Reference number of the position clearly indicated in the email subject line (e.g. Assistant Director, Human Resource & Administration Ref: V/No.1/2023-24) to firstname.lastname@example.org and also fill the Bio-data form whose link is available in the Authority’s website. Applicants who will not fill the bio data form will have their applications rejected
Successful candidates will be required to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya specifically clearance from the following institutions;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- National Police Service (Certificate of good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications should be addressed to;
- Chief Executive Officer,
- National Drought Management Authority
- O. Box 53547 00200
- NAIROBI, KENYA
Applicants MUST fill out the Bio-Data form whose link is provided above. This is in addition to submitting the application as per instructions in the compressed advert.
NDMA Job Application Deadline
The closing date for National Drought Management Authority, NDMA Recruitment is 2nd August, 2023. Ensure you submit your form on or before the stipulated deadline to avoid disqualification.
We’re excited that you read this article to the end, if you have a question, kindly indicate in the comment section below. You can also follow us on Google News for latest update about NDMA recruitment exercise.