KMA recruitment 2023/2024: Kenya Maritime Authority job vacancies, requirements, how to apply, career portal www.kma.go.ke, closing date and other important information are available in this article.
Are you a graduate in Maritime field and currently looking for where to work? If yes, considering the Kenya Maritime Authority would be a good option.
This article contains full details about Kenya Maritime Authority jobs and how you can apply.
Is KMA Recruitment Application Form Out?
Yes, Kenya Maritime Authority, KMA recruitment is ongoing. You can apply online via the career portal www.kma.go.ke. Below are the various vacant positions you can apply.
Also, candidates from the counties below are eligible to apply.
|Taita Mak Taveta||Turkana|
Kenya Maritime Authority Job Vacancies 2023
Listed below are the vacant positions that mandates the 2023 Kenya Maritime Authority, KMA recruitment exercise. Go through it, then decide on the position you wish to apply.
- Director General
- Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services
- Director, Maritime Safety
- Director, Maritime Education, Training and Labour
- Director, Internal Audit and Risk Assurance
- Assistant Director, Internal Audit and Risk Assurance
Requirements for KMA Recruitment 2023
To succeed in the KMA recruitment exercise, you must ensure you meet the requirements, below are then general eligibility criteria after which are the specific base requirements.
- Applicant must be a Kenyan citizen
- He or she must have a valid means of identification like National ID or passport
- Applicant should possess a minimum mean grade of D+ (D Plus) and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination or its equivalent from an examination body recognized in Kenya with a D+ (D Plus) and above in either English or Kiswahili languages
- Applicant should fulfil the Chapter size (6) constitution by possessing the following documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB Clearance Certificate);
- Criminal Investigations Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- An approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB Report);
- Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (Dully filled and completed first schedule (s.13) and self-declaration form stamped by the EACC
Qualifications for KMA Director General Job Vacancy
To apply for the position of a Director General, below are the requirements you must meet.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University
- Master’s Degree in Maritime, Shipping, Logistics, or equivalent may be an added advantage
- A minimum period of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience in the relevant field, five (5) years of which must be in Senior Management
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Have knowledge and a clear understanding of the maritime sector
- Demonstrable Knowledge in Maritime, Shipping, Ocean Engineering, or Blue Economy related Sector
- Demonstrable Knowledge of IMO Conventions and related codes of Maritime and Shipping
- Demonstrable Futuristic Understanding of Global trends, prospects, discourses in the Maritime Sector
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Local, National and International Conventions and Treaties governing maritime affairs
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Here are other jobs in Kenya you could also apply:
- NCA Recruitment
- KURA Recruitment
- Qatar Airways Recruitment
- Jobs in Canada for Kenyans
- NCA Recruitment
- KBC Recruitment
- EACC Recruitment
- NAMATA Recruitment
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Jobs
- National Oil Corporation of Kenya Recruitment
- Ongoing Internships in Kenya
How to Apply for KMA Recruitment 2023
To submit an application for KMA recruitment, follow the steps highlighted below.
Each application should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and transcripts, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies (in pdf format) of these documents must accompany any online application.
An applicant must clearly indicate the reference number for the position applied for on the envelope (hardcopy applications) or on the subject line (for online application) and submitted in any one of the following ways:
I) Hard copy applications should be delivered to the office of the Chairman Board of Directors, Kenya Maritime Authority, Fifth (5th) Floor, located at KMA Towers along Mbaraki Road (next to the Little Theatre), Mombasa between 0745hrs and 1700hrs;
II) Online applications should be emailed in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
III) Posted applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman
- Kenya Maritime Authority
- P.O. Box 95076 – 80104 MOMBASA
Note that canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
KMA Recruitment Closing Date 2023
Kenya Maritime Authority, KMA recruitment is closing on Monday, 7th August, 2023. Interested persons are to submit their application on or before this date to avoid disqualification.
Successful candidates will be required to submit valid compliance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, a registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and a certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
The candidates to be selected must adhere to the provisions on Leadership and Integrity as enshrined in Chapter
VI of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Kenya Maritime Authority is an equal opportunity employer and any qualified Kenyans including persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Would you like to get more job updates from us for both fresh and experience graduates or unskilled workers? If yes, then follow us on Google News.