There are new job vacancies at University of Nairobi for September, 2023. We have highlighted the vacant positions, requirements for the recruitment, how to apply, closing date and few other things you should know about UON job application.
Recently, the management of University of Nairobi has declared intentions about the intake of new personnel’s into the school. The vacancies consists of academic and non-academic positions.
Prior to this, applications are being invited from the general public for the new job vacancies at University of Nairobi September, 2023.
Note: If you had applied for University of Nairobi recruitment earlier but your application didn’t go through, feel free to reapply so long the advertised vacancies suits your discipline.
When is UON Recruitment September Starting?
As of 2nd September, new job vacancies at University of Nairobi was advertised via the official career portal and applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates. Note that the application portal will be closed on Friday, 15th September, 2023.
New Job Vacancies at University of Nairobi
- Senior Technologist Grade DEF, Department of Chemistry
- Secretary Grade B, Finance Department, Central Administration
- Secretary Grade B, Administration Department, Central Administration
- Secretary Grade B, Directorate of Human Resource, Central Administration – 3 Positions
- Senior Secretary Grade D – Deans office, Faculty of Education
- Assistant Senior Secretary Grade C – Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Health Sciences
I guess, the next question that would come to your mind right now is what are the requirements for these positions and how do you apply for them?
Lecturing job opportunities in Kenya
- Laikipia University Recruitment
- Chuka University Recruitment
- Kibabii University Recruitment
- Umma University Recruitment
- Tharaka University Recruitment
- Kenyatta University Recruitment
- Kirinyaga University Recruitment
- Pwani University Recruitment
- Machakos University Recruitment
- University of Embu Recruitment
- University of Nairobi Recruitment
- Management University of Africa Recruitment
- Commission for University Education Recruitment
Requirements for Job Vacancies at University of Nairobi
On a general note to apply for any of the job vacancies at University of Nairobi, you must possess the basic criteria below irrespective of the position you’re applying for.
- Applicant should be a Kenyan with valid means of identification like National Identity Card, Drivers License or Certificate of Origin
- Candidate applying must be of good character
- He or she must possess great interpersonal skills
- Applicant should be willing to adhere to exiting work principles
- Candidate should be a registered member or relevant professional body
- Candidate proficient in computer skills have an added advantage
- Candidate should demonstrate results in work performance
- He or she must possess the following competencies and skills; Strong analytical skills, Communication skills, Strategic and innovative thinking, Strong interpersonal skills, Ability to mobilize resources, Negotiation skills and Report writing skills etc.
Applicants applying for the post of a secretary must meet the following requirements.
- Have at least KCSE C (Plain) or KCE Division III or an equivalent qualification with a credit in English Language. (Those who were employed in the University before 2007 will be considered with the grades they already have) and must have completed the following subjects offered by KNEC or an equivalent certificate from a recognized examining body:
- Business English III
- Commerce II
- Secretarial Duties II
- Office Management III
- Shorthand III (minimum 100 wpm) OR Audio typing writing III
- Typewriting 50 wpm
- Certificates in and ability to use word processing, spreadsheets and data base management packages
- Three (3) years’ experience as Assistant Secretary Grade A or a comparable position of responsibility
- Knowledge of anti-virus tools
Those applying for Senior Technologist are to meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must be holders of either Bachelor of Science Degree or Higher Diploma Chemistry or equivalent qualifications from a recognized learning Institution. They should have three (3) years’ experience as Technologist grade ABC.
- The successful candidate will among other assignments be expected participate in laboratory preparing and presenting in laboratory practical sessions and research
How to Apply for UON Job Vacancies 2023
To submit application for any of the new job vacancies at University of Nairobi, kindly follow the steps below.
- Visit the job application portal www.uonbi.ac.ke/jobs
- Select the position you wish to apply
- Send your application letter, certified copies of certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
- Applications and related documents should be forwarded to the Director, Human Resource, and University of Nairobi.
- Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
- The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
- Late applications will not be considered.
Important! Applications should be emailed as one file in PDF
Candidates are to submit their application for any of the job vacancies at University of Nairobi on or before Friday, 15th September 2023 to avoid disqualification.
These are the basic things you should understand about September job vacancies at University of Nairobi. If you need more update follow us on google news.