HELB Loan Application Form 2023/2024 Registration Portal www.helb.co.ke
Would you like to access Higher Education Loans Board, HELB loan application form 2023/2024? Yes, the form is available online via the registration portal www.helb.co.ke.
If this is actually your first time hearing about Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) or the online application form, don’t worry I will guide you properly on how to do it.
The requirements, starting date, closing date, success tips and other important information that is relevant to HELB loan registration form is shared in this article.
HELB Loan Application Form 2023/2024
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a commission established to offer help to students who might be facing financial challenges and needs some form of assistance.
The application form is actually free and those who wish to apply can follow the instructions on this page but first examine the requirements. To gain maximum comprehension, we would also examine the following questions as it is recent asked by prospective applicants.
- What are the requirements for HELB loan application?
- HELB Loan Application Deadline 2022
- Is HELB Portal Open for 2022 Application?
- Is HELB Application Still Ongoing 2022?
Requirements for HELB Loan Application 2023
Are you asking the question what are the requirements for HELB application? Here are the things you should watch out for before filling HELB application form.
- A copy of the Applicant’s national ID Card
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards/death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter and KCSE result slip/certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card (for Government sponsored students only)
- A copy of the applicant’s Smart Card from the institution
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
- How to apply on the HELB App as a second and Subsequent applicant
- Applicants should visit Google play store and download the HELB Mobile Application.
Register your details (First name, Phone, Email Address, National ID and KRA PIN number) on the HELB App to generate a PIN which you will use to log in and accept the license agreement. Ensure that you use the Safaricom number that you use for MPESA transactions and it should be registered in your name
Read the mandatory financial literacy notes and undertake a brief Question & Answer to appreciate the purpose of credit. Scroll down to view results then click “proceed”.
Click on loans then select undergraduate loans to get the Undergraduate Subsequent Loan Application Form [LAF].
Follow each step to fill in the required details and submit. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed
Note: You will be required to pay Kshs. 1 from your MPESA account during the application process to verify your telephone number. Please note, the application is paperless hence no printing.
Students that are not Safaricom subscribers will be directed to the Portal and apply using the application form, after which they will be required to print and submit the form to the HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1 Floor at Anniversary Towers.
These are the fundamental documents that makes you stand a chance of benefiting from Higher Education Loans Board.
Is HELB Portal Open for 2023 Application?
Yes, HELB registration portal www.helb.co.ke is always active and ready to receive application from interested persons, so if you wish to apply and having met the above criteria kindly follow the steps below.
Is HELB Loan Application Still Ongoing 2023?
Higher Education Loans Board application form 2023 for students is ongoing and interested persons are advice to fill and submit the registration form before deadline.
- National Police Service Application Form
- KMTC Application Form Registration Portal
- KEMRI Application Form
- IEBC Recruitment Application Form
- Kenya Army Application Form
- KRA Recruitment Application Form
How to Apply for HELB Loan 2023
- Visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate Undergraduate First Time Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form [Mandatory]
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities.
Attach all the documents as per the checklist and present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form at:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; or
- HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
- Retain a complete copy of the Loan Application Form [This is mandatory]
Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
It is recommended that students prudently manage their HELB loans once disbursed to cater for Tuition, books, stationery, accommodation, and subsistence.
HELB Loan Application Deadline 2023
The closing date for HELB student loan application is slated for Wednesday, 30th November, 2022. Note that failure to submit application on or before the stipulated deadline leads to disqualification.
If there is anything you do not understand or want to make more inquiry, kindly indicate in the comment section below for immediate assistance.
To get further updates for HELB loans, you can follow us on Google News.
Am so interested with it
I happened to apply last time 2022 on September but didn’t managed to acquire the loan …
I happened to have applied sometimes back but never benefited in this loan either