Hello there! Do you intend to apply for African Development Bank recruitment? If yes, details about vacant positions, countries, requirements, how to apply, closing date and every other thing you should know are available on this page.
Are you a graduate currently searching for a job in Africa? If yes, applying for African Development Bank recruitment would be a good way to kick start your career path.
In this article, we have explained in details how you can successfully submit application for AFDB recruitment. Not just that, we have also outlined few tips that will help you come out successful in this recruitment exercise.
AFDB Recruitment Application Form 2023
The African Development Bank (AFDB) through her official website has made it known that there are vacant positions in country branches across Africa.
Candidates who wish to apply are to login the online recruitment portal (https://www.afdb.org/en/about-careers/current-vacancies) to explore vacant positions and then fill the application form.
At this juncture, it is important to reiterate that the African Development Bank recruitment job application form is free and accessible online via the recruitment portal stated above.
Who is Eligible to Apply for AFDB Recruitment?
African Development Bank recruitment is for all interested persons who finds themselves worthy to apply. This includes both fresh graduates, experienced graduates, experts and even interns.
The job application form is open to persons from African countries and listed below are the job vacancies.
African Bank Development Recruitment Vacancies
|Director, Financial Control Department||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Chief Communications Specialist (PCSC)||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Team Assistant, SNAC||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Director, Human Resource Operations, Recruitment, and Client Services||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Lead Economist (ECCE)||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Division Manager – Syndications and Co-Financing (FIST1)||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Division Manager – Infrastructure Partnerships||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Chief Legal Counsel – Public Sector Operations, Policy and Governance Division||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Chief Country Economist||Democratic Republic of Congo; Tanzania; South Africa|
|Principal Agronomist||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Director, Real Estate Management, Procurement and General Services||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
|Principal Strategy and Policy Officer – Infrastructure and Private Sector||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
Requirements for African Development Bank Recruitment 2023
African Development Bank Recruitment exercise is what hundreds, thousands to even millions of persons look out for yearly. Sequel to this, it is important you step up your game by paying close attention to the recruitment requirements.
In this regard, prospective applicant of African Development Bank Recruitment are to take note of the following requirements although it is relative.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related disciplines. An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of relevant and extensive professional experience in a similar organization or large financial institution, five (5) of which must be at a managerial level.
- Sound understanding of the business and strategic priorities of International Finance Institutions (IFIs); Substantial exposure to the design and implementation of modern accounting and other relevant IT systems.
- Solid knowledge of IFRS. Ability to exercise professional judgment in the application of all the relevant controllership rules, to ensure that the assets and other resources of the Bank are safeguarded.
- Ability to lead and manage diverse teams and interact effectively with staff, Management, Board Members, senior government officials, and other external counterparts.
- Ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
- Ability to build talent and capability inside the organization through coaching, mentoring, training, developmental assignments and knowledge sharing, while also recognizing diversity and promoting inclusion.
- Track record in leading on change and empowering teams to innovate and deliver in areas such as accounting, reporting, systems and controls while enhancing process efficiency.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial market skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the development space –Understanding of the operational policies and programs of multilateral development banks.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity and decisiveness including taking accountability and holds others accountable for results.
- Competence in the use of SAP and standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Once you visit the recruitment portal, click on the position you wish to apply and ensure you read through the application instructions as well as the requirements.
Other banking jobs you can apply include:
- Development Bank Recruitment
- Diamond Trust Bank Recruitment
- Guardian Bank Recruitment
- GTBank Recruitment
- Family Bank Recruitment
- Kenya National Bank Recruitment
- EcoBank Recruitment
- Credit Bank Recruitment
- Cooperative Bank Recruitment
- Consolidated Bank Recruitment
- Citibank Recruitment
- NEXIM Bank Recruitment
- World Bank Recruitment
How to Apply for African Development Bank Recruitment 2023
African Development Bank recruitment application is quite simple, below are the guidelines on how to apply.
- Basically, you have to visit the recruitment portal https://www.afdb.org/en/about-careers/current-vacancies
- Click on the position you wish to apply
- Read through the job description, requirements and application instructions
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “apply for this position”
- Create an account, then login to fill the application form
- Scan and upload required documents base on the stipulated size
- Review your application before final submission
If you encounter any challenge while applying for this job, just send a brief description of the issue and a screenshot, if possible, to HRDirect@AFDB.org.
African Development Bank Recruitment Deadline
The closing date for African Development Bank recruitment is 13th September, 2023. We recommend you submit your application on or before this deadline to avoid disqualification.
- Ensure you do not apply for more than one position
- Provide only genuine information about yourself
- Be sure you match the qualification stated
- Submit your application on or before the deadline
- We strongly recommend you proofread your application to ensure there is not mistake before final submission
With these tips, success is assured. These are the necessary things you should know concerning African Development Bank recruitment. If you have a question, kindly let us know in the comment section below.
You can also follow us on Google News to get latest update about African Development Bank recruitment or other emerging job opportunities in Africa.